With the unexpected cancellation from Gregg Allman, it was Allman Brothers’ guitarist Warren Haynes that stepped in and filled the Sunday night headlining spot at last weekend’s The Peach Music Festival. The band was given an extended time slot and made the most of it, playing a rocking Mule set before reaching into their catalog and playing an extended encore tribute to the Allman Brothers Band.The main set was no slouch, as the band worked in numerous ABB and classic rock teases through hits like “Mule,” “Thorazine Shuffle” and more. The band also welcomed out Rich Robinson for “Sometimes Salvation,” and closed out the set with “Blind Man In The Dark.”The encore saw the band welcome out Blackberry Smoke members Charlie Starr, Brandon Still and Brit Turner, opening up with “Come And Go Blues” to kept people rocking. From there, Haynes playfully called upon bassist Oteil Burbridge to sit in with the band. Burbridge was a last-minute addition to the festival, as he joined The String Cheese Incident for their Allman Family Incident set earlier in the weekend, and made his debut as part of Russo, Benevento & Burbridge. Let’s hope RB&B is here to stay. Burbridge joined the Smokin’ Mule gang for a rendition of “Dreams.” Finally, Burbridge left the stage and the band closed out the show with an energetic rendition of “Whipping Post.” Good lord!Check out full audio of the Mule set below, courtesy of Chris from Jam Buzz.Mule continues their summer tour tomorrow night, August 16th, at the Saranac Brewery in Utica, NY. You can see the full Peach Fest setlist below, courtesy of the band.Setlist: Gov’t Mule | The Peach Music Festival | Scranton, PA | 8/14/16Set: Mule with Les Brers In A Minor teaseThorazine Shuffle with Oye Como Va teasesGame Face with Birdland, Mountain Jam & Norwegian Wood teasesCapturedKind Of BirdSometimes Salvation with Rich RobinsonRocking HorseBlind Man In The DarkEncore:Come & Go Blues with Charlie Starr, Brit Turner & Brandon StillDreams with Charlie Starr, Brit Turner & Oteil BurbridgeWhipping Post with Charlie Starr & Brit Turner[Setlist and cover photo via Gov’t Mule FB page – Photo Credit: Heath Robson]
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Some victims of a Republican presidential campaigner from Long Island who tried extorting nude photos from 15 women fled the country, sought therapy and hired private investigators to deal with the stalking.Those were among new details described in court documents when U.S. District Judge Marianna Battani this week sentenced 22-year-old Adam Savader of Great Neck to 2 ½ years in federal prison despite his attorneys’ blaming the hacking on mental health issues sparked by working on Newt Gingrich’s failed presidential campaign.“He said that he had hacked into my email and Facebook accounts, found explicit photos of me, and that if I did not send more to him he would use them against me,” one of the unidentified victims wrote in a letter to the court. “This harassment continued relentlessly for days at a time, would stop for a few days, and then resume again from a different number.”Savader—who later worked on Mitt Romney’s bid for the White House—had pleaded guilty in November to cyber stalking and Internet extortion at federal court in Michigan, where some of the victims went to college. Authorities said they found victims in at least three states that were targeted between 2012 and early 2013, after the campaign.“I’m trying to make it right,” Savader told the court in his apology, reported The Associated Press, which noted he was quoting President Bill Clinton’s apology for his affair with Monica Lewinsky.It was a much different tone than the sexually aggressive taunts that prosecutors outlined in their sentencing recommendation.“Just came to u,” he wrote to one of the victims two weeks before Election Day while he was on the GOP campaign trail. “Ur so hot. Every1 will be doing the same if you don’t respond.”Savader threatened to send the photos to various people in the victims’ lives, including their parents, their boyfriends’ parents, sororities, employers, internships—even the Republican National Committee.He often sent victims a link to a website to which he had uploaded their nude photos to prove he had them and warned that he would share the link if they didn’t send more. More victims came forward after the case made news. Investigators said they found 45 nude photos of the victims in Savader’s files—some of whom could not be contacted.One victim wrote she had to turn her phone off to stop receiving the relentless threatening messages. It was impossible to block the numbers because they were constantly changing, she wrote.“In an effort to escape this situation [one victim] left school in January 2013 to study abroad halfway around the world,” prosecutors said in the documents.Countering his lawyers’ arguments that Savader’s mental health diagnoses should be considered as a mitigating factor, prosecutors asked: “If he didn’t believe his behavior was criminal, why did he take so many deliberate steps to conceal his identity and hide his electronic footprint?”Authorities also noted that the victims are not to blame for storing intimate photos on password-protected email accounts, which they likened to “the modern-day equivalent of storing photographs in a shoe-box, in a closed bedroom closet, behind a locked door.”
The former West Ham boss added: “People who work with me will know that I am my own man. I will manage this football club and manage this team to the best of my ability. “On the back of last year I am even more motivated to do well this year.” Kinnear’s first few days in the post did not go well as he conducted a series of interviews in which he muddled up facts and mispronounced the names of some of the club’s senior players. Pardew said: “Some of the things Joe said he has apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected because there is a certain respect needed there. I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies.” Kinnear has been charged with the task of implementing the summer transfer plan drawn up in discussions with Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr, and the manager is hoping he will be able to fight his corner with the sportswear magnate. Pardew said: “It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner, then that will be the best outcome for us. As well as we have done in the transfer market, there is always room for improvement. “I have spoken to Joe and had a couple of meetings with him. I have told him what I think the weaknesses in the squad are. Let’s be fair, it’s a squad, not a side, and I have told him I need to strengthen, and I have a couple of ideas.” Club owner Mike Ashley dropped something of a bombshell last month when he parachuted 66-year-old Kinnear into St James’ Park and handed him responsibility for all football-related matters. Pardew, who was on holiday at the time, kept his own counsel as managing director Derek Llambias voted with his feet and resigned, but the 51-year-old manager is ready to give it a go. He told BBC Radio Newcastle: “I’m very open-minded to Joe’s position. I will take it as I see it.” Press Association Newcastle manager Alan Pardew insists he is “open-minded” about Joe Kinnear’s appointment as director of football.
Ruud van Nistelroy Dutch football great Ruud van Nistelroy will tour Jamaica with the EUFA Champions League Trophy in tow later this month.The trophy is due to arrive in Jamaica in two weeks as part of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) Trophy Tour. Jamaica is scheduled to be its first stop but it is also expected to tour Panama, Colombia, Egypt, India and Vietnam. While in Jamaica the trophy will be hosted in the cities of Kingston, May Pen, Ocho Rios and Montego Bay.The 40-year-old retired player had an outstanding career as a forward at European clubs PSV, Manchester United and Real Madrid. Van Nistelroy is currently the fourth-highest ranked goal scorer in UEFA Champions League history with 56 goals. He is also a three-time Champions League Golden Boot winner.The UCL trophy will be on the island for four daysVan Nistelroy, is an ambassador for title sponsors Heineken.