SF may run three Donegal candidates in the next General Election WhatsApp Pinterest Facebook Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Google+ Homepage BannerNews Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Twitter Twitter Facebook Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Sinn Fein says it may run a third candidate in the Donegal constituency in the next General Election.At a convention this week, sitting Deputies Pádraig Mac Lochlainn and Pearse Doherty were ratified as candidates in the new countywide constituency.The convention also resolved to decide on the possibility of a third Donegal candidate at a later date. By News Highland – February 25, 2015 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ Pinterest Previous articleMc Monagle says HSE could give no guarantees on LGH Breast Cancer ServicesNext articleDonegal Club Championship draws to be made this Sunday News Highland 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North WhatsApp
Rock Bottom will return off-Broadway to Joe’s Pub. The show created by Bridget Everett, Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman, Adam “Ad-Rock” Horovitz and Matt Ray ended its recent limited engagement on October 16. Everett will star in the show again from January 6, 2015 through February 20. Additional cast members will be announced later. Rock Bottom Related Shows The show features familiar songs heard in Everett’s monthly showcase with her band The Tender Moments at Joe’s Pub and new original songs written with Shaiman, Wittman, Ray and Horovitz. Cole Escola, Celisse Henderson and Chelsea Packard joined Everett on stage in the show’s run earlier this year. Directed by Wittman, Rock Bottom is the story of what happens when you’re too passionate to give up, and too big to fail. In it, Everett barrels through life tip-toeing toward disaster, wine bottle by wine bottle and man by man. However, instead of succumbing to a chardonnay-induced stupor, Everett embraces a series of revelations that lead her to redemption. View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on Feb. 20, 2015
Florida lawyers provided more than 1.3 million hours of pro bono work last year and contributed $2.5 million to legal aid organizations, according to the new figures gleaned from the Bar’s latest dues statements.The new statistics represent an increase in pro bono services over the previous year, when Florida attorneys provided $1.2 million hours of free service and $2.4 million in direct legal aid contributions.“Florida has one of the most aggressive pro bono legal services programs of any state in the nation, encouraging attorneys to provide free services and requiring them to report their contributions on an annual basis,” Bar President Tod Aronovitz said. “Despite the misperceptions many people have about lawyers, the truth is that the legal profession is absolutely dedicated to making the law work for everyone, and we want to make a difference in the lives of our community.”Aronovitz said the 1.3 million hours of pro bono work amounts to more than $65 million in free services, when calculated according to an estimate of $50 per hour in fees (based on doubling the $25-consultation fee charged by lawyers involved in the Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service).Nearly 30,000 of Florida’s 70,000 lawyers provided the free legal services to the poor from July 1, 2001 through June 30, 2002, and 6,784 lawyers donated cash directly to the legal aid providers. In 1993, the Florida Supreme Court adopted a pro bono plan that encourages attorneys to give at least 20 hours per year in free legal services to the poor or contribute a minimum of $350 to legal aid organizations. Included in the Supreme Court plan was a mandatory requirement that every lawyer report whether he or she did or did not participate.“Pro bono contributions from the legal profession have risen steadily through the years, and our goal is to see every Florida lawyer participate and give back to the community,” Aronovitz said. Lawyers donate 1.3 million hours of pro bono work Lawyers donate 1.3 million hours of pro bono work February 15, 2003 Regular News
Shipping and logistics giants, McDan Group has fulfilled its pledge to juvenile tennis players who excelled in the just-ended McDan Juniors Open Tennis championship.McDan Group chairman, Dr Daniel McKorley together with his spouse, Mrs Abigail McKorley together with officials from the Canadian Embassy yesterday presented the cheques to the outstanding players and their parents at his East Legon office.The six winners in the three age categories-U-12, 14 and U-16 (Boys and girls) each received ¢2,000 scholarship worth, runners-up (six) took home ¢1,500, while the semi finalists, numbering seven received ¢1,000 worth of scholarship each.The McDan boss indicated that plans are in place to ensure tennis in the country is developed.“We will be selecting 20, pay their fees to the highest level of their education, camp them at Winneba and would be coached by Bagerbaseh. “Later, we will fly them out to the ITF Centre in Morocco for two years and depending on how they will fare, we will take them to the States (US).He charged the players to be serious with training, respect their coaches and the sky will be their limit.“We are not stopping now, we walk the talk, and since we walk the talk, we want to see results. I have confidence in the kids; give McDan two or three years and you will see the kids playing Grand Slams. It is a promise I am giving to the nation.”Tennis president Isaac Duah commended McDan for his unflinching support for tennis in the country.Meanwhile, the presentation ceremony saw Dr McKorley presenting $1,000 cash each to coaches Francis Mainoo (Ashaiman) and Bagerbaseh for their selfless efforts in the development of the young talents.
Photo: The NEBC & Yukon Tracker Flyers in action in Taylor Sunday. For full results visit the sports page – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.caPhoto: Local coaches were recognized at a special event Sunday feature Laura Jensen and Richard Neufeld – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.caPhoto: Laura Jensen speaks at the Coaching Conference Sunday in Fort St. John – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.ca Photo: The Girls NPSS Volleyball Team hosted a tournament this weekend. Results can be found on the sports page – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.ca– Advertisement -Photo: Just a few of the eggs created at a Ukranian Egg decorating course – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.caPhoto: The Care Home hosted a Craft Sale on Saturday – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.caPhoto: The new Totem Mall Cruiser that will be all over Fort St. John this Winter – Robyn Guidon/Energeticcity.caAdvertisement
SPECTATORS HAVE been reminded to be mindful of safety after the cancellation of special stage 7 2019 Joule Donegal International Rally.SS7, the first stage of day two of the rally, had to be cancelled due to the high volumes of both traffic and spectators on the stage.Rally officials say that some spectators parked cars near to junctions on the stage and a large number of people arrived to the stage extremely late. Organisers have asked that rally followers arrive at stages no later than half-an-hour before the start of the action on the stage.Spectators are asked to park in safe parking areas and to obey marshals’ instructions at all times.Competitors had to drive through SS7 and make their way to SS8, Glen. Rally fans issued with safety warning as stage cancelled was last modified: June 23rd, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:2019 Joule Donegal International Rallygartanglen
30 October 2013 South Africa has the 17th narrowest gender gap in the world, according to the World Economic Forum’s (WEF’s) latest annual Global Gender Gap Report, which was released on Friday. The annual gender gap index assesses 136 countries, representing more than 93% of the world’s population, on how well resources and opportunities are divided among male and female populations. It sets out to measure the size of the gender inequality gap in the four key areas of economic participation (salaries, job type and seniority), education, politics and health (life expectancy). South Africa dropped one position from last year, but is still ranked ahead of the UK (18), Austria (19) and Canada (20), and is up compared to its 2008 ranking of 22nd out of 130 countries. South Africa is also the second-best performing G20 country, after Germany at 14, and the best performing BRICS member on the index: the next highest is Russia (61), followed by Brazil (62), China (69) and India (101). In Africa, South Africa is second only to Lesotho (16), but is the best performing country on the political empowerment of women, ranking eighth on this subindex globally. South Africa ranked 54th overall for educational attainment, 78th for economic participation and opportunity, and 102nd for health and survival. Other African countries in the top 30 are Burundi (22) and Mozambique (26). Africa’s relatively good performance this year is largely due to the participation of women in the workforce. “Through this economic activity, women have greater access to income and economic decision-making, but are often present in low-skilled and low-paid sectors of the economy,” the WEF said. Nosipho Dorothy Ntwanambi, deputy president of the African National Congress Women’s League, said independent research such as this “consistently reaffirms our assertion that South Africa is a better place for women today than it was in 1994”. Ntwanambi said the government’s commitment to ending discrimination against women was bearing results. “Many more girl children than in 1994 are today gaining access to education, passing matric and obtaining degrees.” The WEF report found that 86 out of 133 countries improved their global gender gap between 2012 and 2013, with the area of political participation seeing the greatest progress. SAinfo reporter
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest It seems that the only thing to stay the same is that weather continues to change and present different challenges each year. I have probably paid more attention to weather this season than any season in the past, trying to understand and plan for shipping needs based on when conditions will be right for planting. I had a structural engineer ask me recently what the soil temperatures were because he knew that 50 degrees was considered a magic number for starting to get things going. I explained to him that in many places in the country right now, it looked like the calendar may override the soil temperatures and push people into the field more than in other years.All that said, we are likely to have some crops in the field this year that are slow to start and may struggle at the first few stages of development. As most of you reading this will know, a good fertility program at planting time will be your greatest asset in cold, wet spring soils. It is also important to remember micronutrients in your planter time program. If the roots struggle to get established, they are in contact with less soil initially. This can provide a real benefit to the use of micronutrients at planting time. If you have not considered putting micros in your planter program, this would be a good year to invest in that.Once the crop is emerged and established, watch for additional deficiencies. Many pest control products can be combined with small amounts of nutrition to assist in early development when applications are required at early stages. AgroLiquid founder, Douglas Cook always encouraged growers to place 2 quarts of a good foliar with every trip across the field. With the cost of making the application, a little fertility is a great way to leverage your investment.Other factors that we don’t often think about also affect nutrient availability. Compaction is one that is critical in years where we get off to a slow start. We have to get into the field as soon as possible to protect against yield loss from a shortened season. That also affects drainage and results in reduced aeration in the soil. Beneficial fungi and bacteria will have a more difficult time symbiotically assisting with nutrient transport and uptake. This is another good argument for nutrients placed in the zone of uptake in seasons like this.There are a lot of additional considerations this year, not unlike most other years. I would encourage you to walk some fields when you are finished planting and pay particular attention to symptoms of delayed emergence and the effects of cold soils. Use every tool you have to give your crop the best opportunity for a successful season and remember that a slow start doesn’t have to mean a poor finish. Our greatest opportunities are often waiting right behind the obstacle that shields our view.
And she likes it.“Much better and much easier, because I have the title already,” Halep said Friday at Roland Garros. “Doesn’t matter anymore what is going to happen. Everything now comes as a bonus. So I will try just to give my best and to see if I’m able to do it again.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsHalep, the second Romanian woman to win a Grand Slam title after Virginia Ruzici in 1978, won the French Open last year by rallying past Sloane Stephens 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 in the final. She had previously lost three Grand Slams finals, including two on the French clay.Before her win, the former top-ranked player often had the unpleasant tendency to crumble on big occasions. Like two years ago in the French Open final, when she led Jelena Ostapenko by a set and 3-0 only to fall apart. Gilas women’s awaits fate as it splits main draw assignments in Fiba 3×3 Asia Cup FILE – In this June 9, 2018, file photo, Romania’s Simona Halep holds the trophy as she celebrates after defeating against Sloane Stephens, of the United States, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1, in the finals of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, France. (AP Photo/Alessandra Tarantino, File)PARIS — Simona Halep is experiencing something new at the French Open this year.The Romanian player is back in Paris to defend her title, a situation she’s never been in before.ADVERTISEMENT ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew LATEST STORIES “It’s going to be different because it’s clay court,” Halep said. “But still it’s going to be a very tough match. She’s powerful. She hits the ball strong. If I am able to do my game, I think I have a good chance to win.”___Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss She said her defending champion status takes a lot of pressure off.“Mentally, I am pretty relaxed,” she said. “So I just want to take the positive and to be in this position, I think, is the best thing. I am too happy to be in this position, I have to admit this. But there is nothing bad.”Although she has not won a title this year and lost her first match in Rome last week, Halep is confident she can achieve a deep run in Paris on the back of solid clay-court campaign. She won two Fed Cup matches on the slow surface last month and reached the final in Madrid.“Even if I didn’t win the final, I felt that my level is very high,” she said. “I have confidence. Coming here, practicing, I felt really well.”Seeded third in Paris, Halep will open her campaign against Ajla Tomljanovic, a player she beat last year on hard court.ADVERTISEMENT Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too MOST READ Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess View comments
David Warner is a lucky man. He had the chance to score a hundred in a Boxing Day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, something that every cricketer hopes to achieve in his career. And that too after been given out. The Australian opener was a relieved man to get to his hundred after almost failing at the last hurdle.The 31-year-old was caught on 99 just before the drinks break but was reprieved when the TV replay showed debutant pacer Tom Curran had overstepped his mark to the delight of a bumper Boxing Day crowd at the MCG.Warner raised his hundred with a single on the next ball to add insult to England’s injury but he was unable to capitalise on the life, nicking James Anderson behind to be out for 103.Warner’s wife and daughter where among the 90,000 present at the MCG, cheering his every run and celebrating every stroke to the boundary. But it was David’s daughter, Ivy Mae Warner, who melted hearts on social media.Candice, her mother, posted a video on Twitter which has since gone viral, as Twitterati just can’t stop drooling over the sheer joy and innocence of the little one. She can be seen happy and proud in the video as she says “My daddy got a hundred!”Go daddy!!! #100 #Barmyarmy pic.twitter.com/M1rRIKV70d- Candice Warner (@CandyFalzon) December 26, 2017It was Warner’s 21st Test ton as he also completed 6000 runs in the format in just his 70th Test match. Warner’s knock helped Australia finish Day 1 of the fourth Test on 244/3.advertisementWhen asked about the scare, David Warner said that the first thing that came to his mind was “Crap!”. But he was a relieved man, when he was recalled and got to his hundred.”Getting recalled was obviously fantastic,” he told reporters.”It was a bit of a roller coaster of emotions between those two deliveries, that’s for sure.”David Warner describes the hectic sequence of events on 99 today at the ‘G… #Ashes pic.twitter.com/RCKuTMsjpT- cricket.com.au (@CricketAus) December 26, 2017The Australian opener loves his family and is very protective of them. Back in October, Warner posted a photo on Instagram of a man who was allegedly following him and his wife Candice at the supermarket and was even waiting for them outside his daughter’s dancing class.During the last season of the Indian Premier League, Waner’s daughters Ivy Mae and Indi Rae, were pictured next to a street-side shop, paying a lady after enjoying a lemonade.