The Department of Health will be hosting free flu clinics throughout Cape May County from September through November.High-dose flu shots will be offered at senior center clinics while supplies last.For more information call the Nursing Division at (609) 465-1200.“Flu vaccine is your best defense against the seasonal flu,” said health officer Kevin Thomas.According to the Center of Disease Control, flu vaccine prevents millions of illnesses and flu-related doctor’s visits each year.For example, during 2016-2017, flu vaccination prevented an estimated 5.3 million influenza illnesses, 2.6 million influenza-associated medical visits, and 85,000 influenza-associated hospitalizations throughout the United States.Center for Disease Control defines influenza, or seasonal flu, as a contagious illness that infects the nose, throat, and lungs.The flu is spread by droplets, which are made when an individual coughs, sneezes or talks.The droplets can land on surfaces or an individual, which can result in the spread of the infection. Individuals at the highest risk of developing flu related complications are individuals 65 years and older, people of any age with certain chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease, pregnant women, individuals with low immune system, and young children.Signs and symptoms of the flu include:FeverCoughSore ThroatRunny or Stuffy NoseMuscle or Body AchesHeadachesFatigue (very tired)The flu shot is the best way to prevent the flu. The flu shot is recommended for everyone six months and older. It is also important to wash your hands, stay home if sick, and cover cough and sneezes. Make it a habit to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces in your home, school or office.For more information on upcoming flu clinics, and the flu visit www.cmchealth.net. Also visit the site on Facebook for updated information. It is time for your flu shot. (image credit: Dreamstime.com)
With the ITA/D’Novo All-American Championship players scheduled to play in Tulsa throughout the upcoming week, three younger Trojans helped build up their individual rèsumès in San Francisco.Second-seeded freshman Raymond Sarmiento had quite a day Sunday, as he came from behind to win the singles final 3-6, 6-2, 6-1. He also won the doubles final paired with sophomore JT Sundling 8-2.In addition to the finals appearance in doubles, Sundling gave a strong performance in the singles draw.He beat USF’s Ola Bakke and Ben McLachlan in two straight sets. No. 1 seed Thai Tu, who Sarmiento defeated in the finals, took out Sundling 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 in the semifinal round.Still, coach Peter Smith sees a lot of positives from the sophomore’s performance.“We have been playing great tennis,” Smith said. “JT played a good match with the No. 1 seed. He has been a much improved player from last year.”Freshman Michael Grant also competed over at the Battle in the Bay, and all three Trojans had at least one win during the weekend in the unique setting for tennis.“It’s a really amazingly cool club right in the heart of San Francisco,” Smith said. “So far it has been a fun experience to be at.”Grant won his opening match against USF’s Richard Bucalem 7-5, 6-2, but fell short to Riki McLachlan the next round.In his first appearance for the Trojans, Grant has demonstrated that he has the tools to contribute to the championship-level tennis expected of the USC team.“Grant has shown flashes of being a great player,” Smith said. “There is something to build on.”In Sarmiento’s run to the singles title, he only dropped one set in four matches.Sarmiento’s biggest contribution could come on the doubles court, and Smith feels that his skills translate well even though he still needs to develop.“Ray has a lot of great doubles skills,” Smith said. “He needs more consistency in his game. He is a human highlight reel, but for every two highlights there is one lowlight.”With more focus on fundamentals, Smith feels that Sarmiento will harness his athleticism and become an excellent doubles player.“We would like him to become more boring on the court,” Smith said. “He is a talented athlete and a good player. With better foot work and shot selection he could have a very bright future.”
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – At a City of Fort St. John Council meeting on Monday, Council were provided with an update on NorthRiver Midstream’s current projects.Talese Shilleto, External Affairs with NorthRiver Midstream, says NorthRiver has provided notice to the B.C. Oil & Gas Commission to deactivate the BuckinghorsePetroleum Development Road.According to Shilleto, they are deactivating the road as they no longer have a need for it since the deactivation of the Buckinghorse Plant. “The Buckinghorse Plant and the Petroleum Development Road came to NorthRiver Midstream and the Buckinghorse Plant hasn’t been operational in over 20 years. We have been maintaining that road for the last 20 years. Now that we’re working to abandon that plant, we’re looking to deactivate the road.”Shilleto says NorthRiver had sent out letters to the City, the Peace River Regional District, and all known users of the road to notify them of this decision.The deactivation project will include the removal of all bridges and culverts along the road and reestablishing the natural drainage.NorthRiver plans to deactivate the Buckinghorse Road starting September 1, 2019.
New Delhi: Capital markets regulator Sebi slapped Rs 94.5 lakh penalty on 17 entities for indulging in fraudulent trade practices in illiquid stock options segment on the BSE. The regulator, during the course of investigation between April 2015 and September 2015, found that 81.38 per cent of all the trades executed in the stock options segment involved reversal of buy and sell positions by the clients and counter-parties in a contract on the same day. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal These entities were among those “whose reversal trades involved squaring off transactions with significant difference in sell value and buy value of the transactions,” Sebi said in similarly worded separate orders on Friday. It further said trades of the entities are non-genuine as they are not executed in normal course of trading, lack basic trading rationale, lead to misleading appearance of trading in terms of generation of artificial volumes, and are hence deceptive & manipulative. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boost By indulging in such trades, the entities have violated provisions of the Prohibition of Fraudulent and Unfair Trade Practices (PFUTP) norms, Sebi said. Accordingly, a fine of Rs 9 lakh on Makers Casting, and Rs 8 lakh on Ashok Investors Trust has been levied by Sebi. Others have been fined in the range of Rs 5 lakh to Rs 6 lakh. The orders are in accordance with the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s announcement in April 2018 on taking action in a phased manner against 14,720 entities for fraudulent trade in the illiquid stock options segment. In a separate order, the regulator imposed a penalty of Rs 18 lakh on promoters of Man Industries for not making requisite disclosure to the company and exchanges after change in their shareholding in the firm. “Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers (SAST) Regulations requires every promoter of a target company to disclose details of any invocation or release of encumbrance of shares. Such disclosure of creation, release and invocation of disclosures required under…has to be made within 7 working days from creation, invocation and release of such encumbrance,” Sebi said. However, the entities failed to do so and consequently a fine of Rs 6 lakh on JPA Holdings and Rs 12 lakh on Jagdishchandra Mansukhani has been imposed by the regulator.
COLOMBO/KALMUNAI: The father and two brothers of the suspected mastermind of Sri Lanka’s Easter Sunday bombings were killed when security forces stormed their safe house two days ago, police sources and a relative of the suicide bombers said on Sunday. Zainee Hashim, Rilwan Hashim and their father Mohamed Hashim, who were seen in a video circulating on social media calling for all-out war against non believers, were among 15 killed in a fierce gun battle with the military on the east coast on Friday, four police sources said. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportNiyaz Sharif, the brother-in-law of Zahran Hashim, the suspected ringleader of the wave of Easter Sunday bombings that killed over 250 people in churches and hotels across the island nation, told Reuters the video showed Zahran’s two brothers and father. Three of the people killed in Friday’s gun battle were the same people who were seen in the undated video on social media, in which they discus martyrdom and urge their followers to kill all non believers, police sources said. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsSri Lanka has been on high alert since the attacks on Easter Sunday, with nearly 10,000 soldiers deployed across the island to carry out searches and hunt down members of two local Islamist groups believed to have carried out the attack. Authorities have detained more than 100 people, including foreigners from Syria and Egypt since the April 21 bombings. In the video, Rilwan Hashim is seen calling for all out ‘jihad’, or holy war, while children cry in the background. “We will destroy these non-believers to protect this land and therefore we need to do jihad,” Rilwan says in the video, sitting beside his brother and father. “We need to teach a proper lesson for these non-believers who have been destroying Muslims.” Authorities suspect there may be more suicide bombers on the loose. Defence authorities have so far focused their investigations on international links to two domestic groups they believe carried out the attacks, the National Thawheedh Jamaath and Jammiyathul Millathu Ibrahim. Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the Easter bombings, and on Sunday the group said three of its members clashed with Sri Lankan police for several hours in Friday’s gun battle on the east coast before detonating their explosive vests, the militant group’s news agency Amaq said. The group said 17 policemen were killed or injured in the attack, but the Sri Lankan military has denied this. A police source told Reuters two policemen were slightly injured in the battle. Police have said six children were among the other 12 people who died in the gun battle, but have not released further details.
Kolkata: Soon after addressing an election rally in the South Kolkata Lok Sabha constituency, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee gave a brief interview to The Wire’s founding editor Siddharth Varadarajan and its Calcutta-based contributor Himadri Ghosh.In the interview, she discussed the possible outcomes of the election on May 23, accused Narendra Modi of political vendetta and also touched upon how the BJP’s so-called growth will come down drastically once they are ousted from the Centre. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaExcerpts: SV: Well, the 2019 election, Narendra Modi has been the face, the voice, the name that has dominated the campaign. And you have been perhaps the most forthright in directly challenging him. You say no matter what happens, Narendra Modi must go. Why do you believe that this one person’s ouster is so crucial to this election? MB: He’s not only a fascist, he’s an egoist. He has tremendous political vendetta. I used some harsh words today. But they are not harsh words. They are politically strong, bold words. Because, you know, we respect our great son of the soil, Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar, very much. We are celebrating 200 years this year. But the goons, the BJP goons from the Amit Shah rally, they have totally destroyed Vidyasagar’s statue… These type of people must go from this country. They must go from politics. The politician should know what is politics. Politics means sacrifice. Politics means dedication, determination, devotion. But if you think politics means “goondaism”, hooliganism, fair enough… In a democracy, everybody has the right to speak. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwaySV: Does it worry you that in Bengal, in a very short duration of time, the BJP has emerged as your principal challenger? The Left does not seem to be in the race. MB: Not at all, somebody will be the opposition. In a democratic setup, somebody will be ruling party, somebody will be opposition. I may be number one, but they may be number two, three or four. It is the CPM’s business, that CPM’s goons, they are joining the BJP, because the BJP is giving… to them also. So it is their matter. I don’t mind who will come as the second person. I will certainly try that I must be first. HG: Madam, we have seen for some time, people from the CPM are now marching under the BJP flag. Who do you blame for this? MB: I am telling you, this is not growth. This is absolutely not growth. This happens when the BJP is in power in the Centre. They use the situation. There, they work through agencies, so there is some growth. If the BJP is not in power, then this growth will die in a second. It is temporary. SV: In the event that the BJP falls short by a significant number… how will you… MB: We will not support the BJP. SV: Under any circumstances? MB: No.
Rabat – Morocco international player Adel Taarabt has signed for AC Milan.The 24-year old player will be transferred to the Italian club on a loan for the rest of the season.A statement released by AC Milan says that “Adel Taarabt has landed on a private jet to (Milan’s) Linate airport.” The Moroccan international has undergone a medical examination before joining the prestigious Italian club.“I am honoured to be able to play in the best club in the world,” Taarabt told the official website of AC Milan.“I have spoken to (AC Milan coach Clarence) Seedorf and we are both really happy.”“I am a striker and I like to play behind the forwards or even on the left or the right.”“I don’t know personally Balotelli but it’s a great honor for me to be able to play with him,” he added.
Pelicans3850.5100.4 That’s more proportionate to the small difference separating Minnesota, New York and Philly in the standings.Here’s how the lottery balls would have been distributed in each of the past 10 seasons.4For 2012, which was shortened by a labor dispute, I’ve prorated loss totals to an 82-game schedule. On average, the worst team would have had about a 25 percent chance of winding up with the top pick, as it does now. But those chances would have been as high as 38.5 percent (for the record-setting 2012 Charlotte Bobcats) or as low as 19.0 percent (for the 2013 Orlando Magic), depending on how much separated the very worst team from the almost-as-bad ones. In a year like 2010, in which there was a big gap between the second-worst team (the 15-67 Timberwolves) and the third-worst (the 25-57 Sacramento Kings), that’s where the sharpest break in lottery chances would have been.It’s not the radical change that I’d prefer! But it’s a simple enough reform that even the Knicks couldn’t screw it up.CORRECTION (April 15, 3:36 p.m.): An earlier version of the chart in this post gave the incorrect location of the second-worst NBA team in 2005. At that time, the Hornets were located in New Orleans, not Charlotte. TEAMLOSSESLOTTERY BALLSCHANCE OF FIRST PICKLOTTERY BALLSCHANCE OF FIRST PICK Jazz4480.8100.4 Knicks6519919.957620.3 Kings54636.31696.0 Heat45111.1160.6 Suns4360.6100.4 Pistons50282.8812.9 76ers6415615.652918.6 Hornets49171.7642.3 CURRENT SYSTEMREVISED SYSTEM Timberwolves6625025.0%62522.0% Magic57888.82569.0 Nets4470.7100.4 Lakers6011911.936112.7 Nuggets52434.31214.3 The New York Knicks did something unusual Monday night: They won a basketball game — just their 17th this season. What wasn’t so unusual — from a franchise that starred in such tragicomedies as Amar’e Stoudemire punching a fire extinguisher and Andrea Bargnani nearly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory — was the Knicks’ poor sense of timing. Having spent most of the season ridding their roster of anyone who could possibly help them win, the Knicks have now won twice in a row.Those two wins could make a lot of difference to the Knicks’ chance of drafting Jahlil Okafor or Karl-Anthony Towns. With one game left for each team, the Knicks are 17-64, a game better than the Minnesota Timberwolves at 16-65. The Philadelphia 76ers have the third-worst record at 18-63.Let’s say each team loses its final game. Under the NBA’s lottery formula, the Timberwolves would have a 25.0 percent chance of landing the first pick, the Knicks would have a 19.9 percent shot, and the Sixers a 15.6 percent chance.That seems like an awfully big difference for teams that are separated by just one or two games in the standings. But it’s how the NBA’s rules work. The number of losses doesn’t matter, only the order of the teams.1The league does, at least, split the difference in the event of ties, so if the Knicks and Timberwolves each finish at 17-65, they’ll each have about a 22.5 percent chance at the first pick.There’s a better way to award those pingpong balls, one that maintains the spirit of the current lottery system without allowing a one-game difference to matter so much.Here’s how it works. Take each team’s number of losses. Subtract 41 (41-41 represents a breakeven record in the NBA). Then square the result. That’s how many pingpong balls a team gets. (OK, one more provision: A team gets a minimum of 10 lottery balls, including if it has a winning record.2Otherwise, a team with a winning record would get more lottery balls than a team with a 41-41 record, since subtracting 41 from a number less than 41 and squaring the result would produce a positive number.)That might seem arbitrary — but it produces results that are remarkably similar to the current formula, only fairer. What chance would each team have at the first pick this year, for example? Assuming each team’s final game goes according to the FiveThirtyEight NBA Power Ratings,3Meaning that the Wolves, Knicks and Sixers all lose. that would leave the Wolves with a 22.0 percent chance at the first pick, the Knicks at 20.3 percent and the Sixers at 18.6 percent.