Antiqueños warned vs use of firecrackers

first_imgAntiqueños are cautioned against firecrackers that could cause injuries this New Year. Vendors were also told to sell only the allowed firecrackers in areas designated by the local government units. PNA/ANNABEL CONSUELO J. PETINGLAY “Among the prohibited firecrackers arepiccolo, watusi, whistle bomb, Judas belt, atomic bomb and triangle,” Escobarsaid. “We are aiming for a zero-casualtyrelated to firecrackers this Christmas and New Year,” PDRRM officer BroderickTrain said on Dec. 23. SAN JOSE, Antique – The provincialdisaster risk reduction and management office (PDRRMO) here warned Antiqueñosagainst the use of firecrackers as they celebrate the holiday season. Last year, there were 10firecracker-related incidents reported in the province, involving two minors –a six-year-old boy from Hamtic town and a 10-year-old boy from San Jose deBuenavista who obtained injuries from a candle bomb. Provincial Police Office deputydirector Norby Escobar recently warned to apprehend vendors who will be seenselling prohibited firecrackers. “As of Monday, there had been so farno firecracker-related incident yet that had been reported,” Train said. “Vendors should also be selling onlyin the designated areas and not along the streets,” he said. He added vendors who will be caughtselling the prohibited firecrackers will be fined from P20,000 to P30,000 withone-year imprisonment. He added the “Iwas Paputok” campaignwas spearheaded by the Department of Health (DOH) and the Integrated ProvincialHealth Office in the province, with the assistance of the PDRRMO.  Eight other victims obtained minorinjuries from blast burns and were treated as outpatients while the two littleboys were admitted at the Delegate Angel Salazar Memorial Hospital during theNew Year’s Eve.(With a report from PNA/PN)last_img

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *